These form some of the important work of EORNA:
- Development of a Common Core Curriculum for the Education of Operating Room Nurses throughout Europe - translated into ten languages. Copies are available from the coordinators.
- Advisers to European Disposable and Non woven Association (EDANA), provide speakers for International Congress and share experience for EN 13795 good practice poster.
- Active member of the European Specialist Nurses Organization (ESNO).
- Comite European de Normalisation (CEN) - TC 205 - review and comment on standards.
- A European Congress for Operating Room Nurses is held every three years.
The first was held in Belgium in 1997, the second in Norway in 2000, the third in Greece in 2003, the fourth in Ireland and the next (2009) in Denmark. The European Operating Room Nurses Congress Association (EORNACongress) has been established (registered in Belgium) to manage the congress.
- The EORNA Academy has been designed for research, development of projects, and support of study trips with a particular goal, translations, printing of publications and brochures promoting improvements in the quality of patient care or staff working conditions in the perioperative environment. Name of the award you are applying for are : The Mölnlycke Health Care Scientific Award and The Mölnlycke Health Care Experience Point a.
- Research study investigating the actual role of the Operating Room Nurse throughout Europe.
- Development of recommended practices for perioperative nursing in Europe.